The art of mediation
Every relationship between clients and their service provider partner passes through periods when things are just not clicking.
There are many different reasons why a relationship sours and the client’s business becomes threatened.
Yet, one thing we have learned at Relationship Audits® is the proven value of mediation.
We have been working with many different types of service providers and their clients for nearly 20 years to ensure that the relationship between the two parties is healthy, productive and continuous.
In each and every one of our long-term partnerships, we have worked on the active practice of mediation, which has been consistently used to resolve business threatening issues and maintain the client relationship.
Without mediation nearly all of these Service Providers would have lost their business to a competitor.
Equally, where service providers did employ mediation the quantitative evidence clearly shows that clients (and their revenue) were maintained and grown.
What is mediation between a Service Provider and a valued client?
Relationship Audits® has a proven method of mediation between a client and its
strategic service provider partners.
It defuses the issue, restores the warmth of partnership and reboots the relationship
to encourage incremental growth.
How does Relationship Audits® mediation work?
- We use our existing products to spot the problems EARLY
- We show the Service Provider how to approach their client in the spirit of openness, willingness to be positive and with a clear path to solving the problem
- We mediate the face to face session between the client team and the service provider (This takes real experience and sure-footedness)
- We direct and capture what the action plan needs to be and who owns each action point
- We conduct immediate informal follow up conversations with each party to ensure that buy in really did take place and that nothing was left unsaid
- We work with the most senior client and partner representative to hold a 30 / 60 day review of all action points and to establish a “clean bill of health for the partner” – recognised by the client team
- We provide a framework for the service provider to use as an ongoing follow up to ensure similar issues are avoided going forward
The process works
We have many case studies to share which capture
Relationship Audits® Mediation in action and the resolution our methods succeeded in delivering to a significant number of
strategic Service Provider partners
Talking is good
If you might have an issue, and in the strictest confidence, please do get in touch.
What does Relationship Audits® Mediation achieve?
- It intervenes early and stops the souring relationship in its tracks
- It makes sure the problem is thoroughly resolved and that the service provider takes credit for being the catalyst to solving the problem
- It reboots the relationship and rebases the client's view of the provider. From there, anything is possible
- It shows that the service provider cares
- It saves:
- Competitive providers being invited to tender
- Service provider personnel preferring not to work with this client
- It opens up a form of dialogue between the service provider and client teams which is open, real time and constructive